Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas Wild Bun Buns!

My goodness, it's a jungle out there and I wish people would chill. If presents mean more than your presence at Christmas, you may want to rethink the holidays!

I went out to the big box plaza near our house to buy a big bag of cheap bird food for the wild birds, and ended up spending $11 on a fancy pants bag of rabbit food as well. According to the package, it has all sorts of tastes and textures that rabbits crave and will satisfy their urge to forage. It's that fancy. The clerk at Petland was so kind when I mentioned that it was for the wild rabbits that she gave me the Club Pet discount. Now that's the spirit! "They're still an animal and they need to eat," she said.

I honestly don't know what the poor critters do in winter. Last night I came home to find them in the corner flowerbed making off with sprigs of millet for the birds! One was brave enough to stay behind and it looked like he had a little cigar in his mouth :-)

I also made it out to the PO Box and found it full of lovely cards. Thank you all so much! I hope mine arrived in time :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awww how wonderful, I bet those rabbits will love to have the food and the birds too, how nice of the pet store clerk also!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete