Monday, June 18, 2012

Printable Castle Card - New!

Here's something fun and new I worked on all last week! It was actually an old idea that I was finally determined to make reality. While folding strips of paper, I had a flash for a fun folding card.

Here it is, available from my Artfire shop! More pictures can be seen at that link too. There's lots of room to customize the card, so I hope to make some more samples. Stickers, hand lettering...so much potential for customization here.


A lot of effort went into designing this card - the best designs often do look effortless, but it took about 20 hours from idea to blogging :-)

Here is the original concept art. I'm not great at drawing on the computer, so I still do everything the old fashioned way. I used CorelDraw's colour picker to go from there.



Then there was much testing! As you can see, it's easy to, hehe, flip things the wrong way :-) Each piece had to be tested to make sure the size was right and that it would all line up according to plan. The colour in the final card also got a huge boost - the original colours were too light.



All in all, this was a fun card to make, and I hope others will enjoy making it and making it special for a birthday boy.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine

    That's a great idea for a greeting card. The kids are going to love creating this.

    Blessing Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome idea Christine... Wow. So cool. I bet a boy or girl would love it... Maybe make a little princess and it could be for either or.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I can see why it took so much time. The detail is remarkable! I am thinking with some adjustmwnt it could also be used for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete