Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Longest Scarf

The longest Scarf is the shortest one I have ever made. It's just not working out with me and the Knifty Knitter. The yarn us called Sashay and I bought it on a whim. I thought, with its plaited edges, it would be easy to knit with.

Unfortunately it proved super slow to knit with as I tried to loop it around the pegs. Then I ran into some really tight tension.

Realizing I would grow old with this thing, I alternated one row of Sashay with two rows of regular burgundy yarn. This only mildly improved things. After a foot and a half, defeat was at hand!

Some projects are not meant to be :)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

3 comments:

  1. Sorry it is so hard to knit with. This is the exact wool my grandma had me pick up for her. It doesn't look like an easy wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had so much potential Pam and I loved the colour. I ended up giving it to Mom :D Yet even she found it difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It had so much potential Pam and I loved the colour. I ended up giving it to Mom :D Yet even she found it difficult.

    ReplyDelete