Saturday, January 10, 2015

Here's to 2015!

For many years now, I haven't been good at sending Christmas cards. I think a few trickled out though. Over the holidays I made a lot of special cards for friends, and you'll be seeing more of them soon. Here's one for a budgie friend of mine:


I really enjoyed making the cards. Truly, my friends inspired me! Best of all, I didn't let thinking get in the way of doing. I just went with what I felt and didn't worry about being perfect. I would love to do a giant disco Muffin down the road. In terms of 2014...well, for the Year of the Horse, I felt more like the horse was dragging me through the mud and gleefully running under trees instead of me riding it. Hopefully I don't get headbutted by the ram next month :-)

6 comments:

  1. Love the art you've been creating. Your cockatiel & budgie card is so sweet.
    Hope 2015 is way better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Hopefully the art doesn't dry up :) The next round of cards will be for Valentine's Day, so stay tuned :)

      Delete
  2. Cute card! I bet your friend really loved it! Can't wait to see the others

    ~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal. She really loved it :) If you would like a card sometime, just send me your address.

      Delete
  3. I love them! Wonderful job Christine. There is so much beauty in imperfection.You shouldn't think about being perfect all the time, although I'm one to talk. Your NOT thinking of being perfect, makes your work perfect to me. Thank you for sharing with us. It's adorable work! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. Stay tuned for more :)

      You are totally right, Angela. Imperfection does have a lot of beauty to it. It's the surest sign that an item is handmade with love :)

      Delete