Monday, May 17, 2010

Calgary Honkers!

I have been lucky this year to get some Canada geese pictures. Here's an adult I saw near where I took a picture of a whole family down by the Bow River. Click for larger.






And here's the goose family! I really want to upgrade my camera...the 12x zoom is nice, but I want more :-)



Canada Goose Family



You know, timing is everything with birds - they're fast and you have to be in the right place at the right time. I took the family picture on Thursday and the adult on Friday; when I walked by the bridge this morning, I saw just an adult off in the trees. I'm glad I had my camera with me and dawdled on the way to work :-)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I didn't see the geese all last week...I have no idea where they take the babies, but I'm sure they grow up fast too!

    ReplyDelete